ARC Electric Company will be posting electrical safety tips all throughout the holiday season to help keep our customers and their loved ones safe. Part 2 is touching on heating pads and electric blankets. I hate to admit I have one but I don’t use it often and try to follow all the tips to stay safe.
* Heating pads and electric blankets cause approximately 500 fires every year.
* A heating pad is placed directly on the mattress and an electric blanket is just a blanket that is heated. These are not meant to be used interchangeably or simultaneously.
** Look for dark, charred, or frayed spots or one where the electric cord is cracked or frayed. (below is pictures of a burnt blanket and heating pad)
** Replace any worn or old heating pad or electric blanket.
** Do not allow anything to sit on top of a heating pad or electric blanket when it is in use, as it may overheat.
** Never fold electric blankets when using, again it may overheat.
** Heating pads or electrical blankets should never be left unattended or while sleeping.
electrical safety, electrical tips, electrical safety tips, holiday safety tips, holiday safety, Christmas safety, Charlotte Electrical Contractor, Charlotte Electrician, Electrician in Charlotte, Electrician in Charlotte NC, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte NC, Matthews Electrical Contractor, Matthews Electrician, Electrician in Matthews, Electrician in Matthews NC, Monroe Electrical Contractor, Monroe Electrician, Electrician in Monroe, Electrician in Monroe NC, Indian Trail Electrical Contractor, Indian Trail Electrician, Electrician in Indian Trail, Electrician in Indian Trail NC, Electrical Contractor in Matthews, Electrical Contractor in Matthews NC, Electrical Contractor in Monroe, Electrical Contractor in Monroe NC, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail NC