I am continuing to showcase the ESFI “Warm Up to Safety this Winter” campaign, can be found here. We try very hard to send out a monthly reminder to please check your Smoke Alarms. Just trying to relay important tips to keep you and your family safe this Winter!
* Smoke alarms save lives, reducing the risk of dying in a home fire by half.
* Purchase smoke alarms from reputable retailers(or installer) that you trust. Choose alarms that have the label of a recognized testing laboratory.
* Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home, outside each sleeping area, and inside each bedroom. Interconnected alarms offer the best protection.
* Check your smoke alarms at least once a month by pressing the TEST button on the alarm. Replace batteries at least once a year.
* Smoke alarms should be replaced at least every 10 years.
* If the smoke alarm sounds, the whole family should follow your escape plan and go to your outside meeting place.
* Heating equipment is a leading cause of home fires, particularly during the winter months. Understanding how to use portable space heaters safely is very important.
* Never leave a space heater running when you exit the room or go to sleep.
* Do not use space heaters in rooms where children are unsupervised.
* Keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything that can burn— furniture, bedding, clothes, curtains, and papers.
* Put the space heater in a place where people will not run into it or trip over it.
* Heaters should be placed on a flat, level surface. Do not place a space heater on furniture.
* Do not use a space heater in damp or wet areas—like the bathroom.
* Do not use your space heater with a power strip or extension cord.
* Unplug the space heater when not in use. Inspect the cord regularly for damage.
electrical safety, electrical tips, electrical safety tips, holiday safety tips, holiday safety, Christmas safety, Charlotte Electrical Contractor, Charlotte Electrician, Electrician in Charlotte, Electrician in Charlotte NC, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte NC, Matthews Electrical Contractor, Matthews Electrician, Electrician in Matthews, Electrician in Matthews NC, Monroe Electrical Contractor, Monroe Electrician, Electrician in Monroe, Electrician in Monroe NC, Indian Trail Electrical Contractor, Indian Trail Electrician, Electrician in Indian Trail, Electrician in Indian Trail NC, Electrical Contractor in Matthews, Electrical Contractor in Matthews NC, Electrical Contractor in Monroe, Electrical Contractor in Monroe NC, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail NC