While decorative lights and other electrical decorations add to the splendor of the season, they can increase the risks of fire and electrical injuries if not used safely.
* Always purchase electrical decorations and lights from reputable retailers.
* Use lights approved for safe use by a nationally recognized testing laboratory.
* Never connect more than three strands of incandescent lights together.
* Consider purchasing LED lights, which use less energy and run cooler than traditional incandescent lights.
* Before decorating, determine how many outlets are available and where they are located. Plan your displays accordingly.
* Carefully inspect each electrical decoration. Cracked or damaged sockets, loose or bare wires, and loose connections may cause a serious shock or start a fire.
* Follow the manufacturer’s use and care instructions that accompany electrical decorations.
* Avoid overloading electrical outlets with too many decorations or electrical devices. They can overheat and cause a fire.
* Make sure that cords are not pinched in doors, windows, or under heavy furniture, which could damage the cord’s insulation.
* Do not mount / support light strings in a way that might damage the cord’s insulation.
* Always unplug electrical decorations before replacing bulbs and fuses.
* Turn off all indoor / outdoor electrical decorations before leaving or going to bed.
electrical safety, electrical tips, electrical safety tips, holiday safety tips, holiday safety, Christmas safety, Charlotte Electrical Contractor, Charlotte Electrician, Electrician in Charlotte, Electrician in Charlotte NC, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte NC, Matthews Electrical Contractor, Matthews Electrician, Electrician in Matthews, Electrician in Matthews NC, Monroe Electrical Contractor, Monroe Electrician, Electrician in Monroe, Electrician in Monroe NC, Indian Trail Electrical Contractor, Indian Trail Electrician, Electrician in Indian Trail, Electrician in Indian Trail NC, Electrical Contractor in Matthews, Electrical Contractor in Matthews NC, Electrical Contractor in Monroe, Electrical Contractor in Monroe NC, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail, Electrical Contractor in Indian Trail NC