* Always unplug unused appliances.
* Always turn off power before you plug or unplug the appliances.
* Stow unused cords safely out of the reach of children, pets, and risky territory.
* Never cover warm appliances with clothes, toys, or other household items.
* Allow for air circulation around the appliances, especially for those which generate heat (clocks, computer monitors, etc.).
* If overheated, give appliances space and turned-off time to cool off.
* Always follow instructions; enlist the help of professionals and leave the amateur repairs for less dangerous materials.
* Never poke things into toasters, outlets, or any other electrical appliances with tempting openings.
* Touch appliances with dry hands only.