Spring Safety Tips
Warmer weather stimulates an increase in outdoor work in many parts of the country, a focus on electrical safety awareness can help ensure these activities do not result in injuries or deaths. Following a few simple safety rules this Spring can help reduce the number of electrical deaths and injuries:
* Ladders—even those made of wood—that come into contact with a power line can prove fatal. Keep all ladders at least 10 feet away from overhead power lines.
* Unplug outdoor tools and appliances when not in use.
* Inspect power tools and appliances for frayed cords, broken plugs and cracked or broken housing; repairing or replacing any damaged items.
* Water and electricity do not mix. Avoid damp conditions — including wet grass — when using electricity.
* Use ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection when working where water is near electricity to protect against electric shock.
Electrical Safety, Springtime Electrical Safety, Electric Safety, Power Line Electric Safety, Charlotte Electrical Contractor, Charlotte Electrician, Electrician in Charlotte, Electrician in Charlotte NC, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte, Electrical Contractor in Charlotte NC, Matthews Electrical Contractor, Matthews Electrician, Electrician in Matthews, Electrician in Matthews NC, Monroe Electrical Contractor, Monroe Electrician, Electrician in Monroe, Electrician in Monroe NC, Indian Trail Electrical Contractor, Indian Trail Electrician